Who wants to be a Champion? (K-5)
Staff Writer, December 14, 2012
1. Who is Sponge Bob's best friend?
2. How many times do we pray each day?
3. What are baby animals called?
4. How many Allah (s.w.t's) are there?
5. What is the name of the person who writes books?
1. What season comes after summer?
2. What is the language of the Quran?
3. What state do we live in?
A: California (Answer could vary depending on where you live)
4. What is the value of underlined digit 52 (5 is the underlined digit)?
5. What is the direction of Ka'ba called?
6. Which continent we live in?
A: North America (Answer could vary depending on where you live)
7. Animals that are herbivores can eat_____.
A: Only plants
8. What do leaves mainly do for plants?
A: They turn light from the sun into food for the plants
9. Who was the first prophet of Islam?
A: Prophet Adam (A)
10. How are plants and animals alike?
A: They both need Water, Sun & Air to survive
11. John is standing 5th in line and Jenny is just before John. Where is Jenny standing?
A: 4th in line
12. What is the color of Sponge Bob's tie?
13. What is Hajj?
1. Which of these fruits grow in vine -- apple, grapes, oranges?
2. What is the name of the special clothes that pilgrims should wear in Hajj?
3. What type of number is 25 -- prime, odd, even?
4. One of these is a compound word -- camping, camped, campground, camper?
5. Who is the President of the United States of America?
A: Barack H. Obama
6. What is the first month of Islamic calendar?
7. If a woman buys a dozen eggs, how many eggs does she buy?
1. What type of number is 38 -- prime, odd, even?
2. What is name of one of the pillars of Islam to share one's wealth?
3. How many tentacles does octopus have?
4. What is the name of the President whose picture is printed on one dollar bill?
A: George Washington
5. What is Arabic meaning for Allah's names "The Most Loving" and "The Most Forgiving"?
A: Al Wadud and Al Ghafoor
6. Which is not on a standard keyboard -- shift, enter, repeat, tab?
7. What is the house of the United States President called?
A: The White House
8. What is the expanded form of 34,893?
A: 30,000 + 4,000 + 800 + 90 + 3
9. Over a period of how many years Quran was revealed to Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh)?
A: 23 years
10. What do you call when a person enters water headfirst?
11. Band of colors in sky is called __________
12. What is the name of the children's Television show that has the characters -- Donatello, Michelangelo, Leonardo and Raphael?
A: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
1. Which is the name of the animal that appears in the California State flag?
A: A bear
2. What is the percentage of savings that is given as Zakat to the needy?
A: 2.5% of one's savings for a year
3. What lists both antonyms and synonyms?
4. Compare 13 X 4 ____ 19 X 3?
5. What is a Treaty?
A: A written agreement between nations
6. Which part of word "misunderstanding" is a suffix?
7. Who did Abu Bakr (Ra) choose to be the next Caliph?
A: Umar ibn Khattab
8. If you have 16 quarters, how many dollars and cents you have?
9. What is a food web?
A: Transfer of energy through ecosystem
10. What are the names of angel who brings Allah's revelation and the angel of death called?
A: Jibreel and Izrail
Fifth Grade and Sixth Grade
1. Which is the name of the person who makes new path for others to follow?
A: A trailblazer
2. When is Witr salat offered?
A: After Isha
3. What is the name of Allah that means "The Noble and the Evolver"?
A: Al Majeed and Al Bari
4. Correct the sentence -- "My dad and I drived over the mountain"?
A: My dad and I drove over the mountain
5. What is 6/8 + 1/4?
6. Why did Indians prosper in early California?
A: They were good at using natural resources
7. According to Sura at-Tin in what form has Allah created human being?
A: In the best form
8. Which of the following is not a reliable source -- almanac, novel, dictionary, encyclopedia?
9. What is 4/5 X 5/9? Remember to give answer in lowest term.
10. How do you write number 200 in Roman numeral?
11. Where is the most agriculture grown in California?
A: The Central Valley
12. What is dry ablution called?
13. Complete the analogy: Tadpole is to frog as puppy is to what?
14. The temperature was -10 degree Fahrenheit at 7 am and rose 12 degrees by 12 pm. What is the temperature at 12 pm?
A: 2 degree Farenheit
13. What are most cities in California named after?
A: Spanish missions
14. Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh) used to meditate in Cave Hira in mountain called?
15. What number added to 741 equals 935?
16. What is the reciprocal of 2/7?
17. What are people from Norway called?
18. Father Junipero Serra built Mission San Juan Capistrano in 1782. Which century it took place?
A: 18th Century