Dr. Saleh Kholaki, September 7, 2009
1. How many times the word 'Ramadan' mentioned in the Quran?
A: Once. Chapter 2 Al-Baqara (The Cow): Verse 85. The month of Ramadan in which was revealed the Qur'an, a guidance for mankind and clear proofs for the guidance and the criterion (between right and wrong).
2. In which chapter Quran mentions about the beard and in what context?
A: Chapter 20 Ta-ha: Verse 94. (Haroon) replied: "O son of my mother! Seize (me) not by my beard nor by (the hair of) my head! Truly I feared lest thou shouldst say, 'Thou has caused a division among the children of Israel, and thou didst not respect my word!'"
3. Who is the first wife of Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh)?
A: Khadijah (Ra)
4. Who is the last wife of Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh)?
A: Maymuna bint al-Harith (Ra)
5. Which verse in the Quran contains all the Arabic alphabets?
A: The last verse of Chapter 48 Fath; Verse 29. Muhammad is the messenger of Allah; and those who are with him are strong against Unbelievers, (but) compassionate amongst each other. Thou wilt see them bow and prostrate themselves (in prayer), seeking Grace from Allah and (His) Good Pleasure. On their faces are their marks, (being) the traces of their prostration. This is their similitude in the Taurat; and their similitude in the Gospel is: like a seed which sends forth its blade, then makes it strong; it then becomes thick, and it stands on its own stem, (filling) the sowers with wonder and delight. As a result, it fills the Unbelievers with rage at them. Allah has promised those among them who believe and do righteous deeds forgiveness, and a great Reward. (Read in Arabic to verify all the alphabets)
6. Which chapter in the Quran has the word 'Allah' mentioned in all the verses?
A: Chapter 58 Al Mujadila (She That Disputeth, The Pleading Woman)
7. Name the chapter that ends with the word and other chapter that begins with the same word it ended in other chapter?
A: Chapter 97 Al-Qadr (Power, Fate) ends with the word 'alfajr'. Chapter 89 Al-Fajr (The Dawn) begins with the word 'Waalfajr'.
8. Which verse in the Quran is known as 'Verse of the Chair or Throne'?
A: Ayatul Kursi (2:255)
9. What is the longest word in the Quran?
A: Fa'asqainakumuh (Chapter 15 Al Hijr (Stoneland): 22), which is as follows: (And we send the fecundating winds, then cause the rain to descend from the sky, therewith providing you with water (in abundance).
10. Why the Chapter Baqara was named Baqara?
A: The Story of the cow
11. How many verses are there is Chapter Baqara?
12. Name the Chapter that ends with mentioning two prophet names.
A. Chapter 87 Al - A'la (The Most High); ends with the names of Prophet Ibrahim and Prophet Musa.
13. How may times the word 'Al-Awal' (meaning 'the first') mentioned in the Quran?
A: Once. Chapter 57 Al-Hadid (The Iron): Verse 3. He is the First and the Last, the Evident and the Immanent: and He has full knowledge of all things.
14. Who determined the order and arrangement of the chapters in the Quran?
A: Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh)
15. Who was the first to put together the Quran from various written materials and the memories of people?
A: Aboobucker Siddiq (Ra)
16. Which chapter in the Quran has the word 'Bismillah' mentioned twice?
A: Chapter 27 An-Naml (The ants)
17. Which is the shortest chapter in the Quran?
A: Chapter 108 Al-Kauther (Abundance, Plenty)
18. Who was the first professional nurse in Islamic history?
A: Rufaidah (Ra)
19. Name the prophet who fasted for three consecutive days to have his progeny?
A: Prophet Zakaria (Pbuh); fasting from speaking and NOT fasting from eating
20. How many different types of Quranic recitations (Qirat) are there?
A: Ten. Naafi' Al-Madanee. (Madinah), Ibn Katheer al-Makee. (Makkah), Abu Amr al-Basri (Basra), Ibn Aamir ash-Shami (Syria), Asim al-Kufi (Koofah), Hamzah Al-Kufi (Koofah), Al-Kisaa'ee, Abu Ja'far Al-Madanee (Madinah), Yaqub ibn Al-Basri (Basra) and Khalaf (same one who preserved Hamzah's recitation, but this is his own method of recitation.